Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Thanksgiving

I have been thinking about my wonderful life lately. I have so much to be thankful for. My heart is so full of thanks at this time and I wanted to write down the top ten things I'm thankful for this year.
1. This beautiful world. Specifically my little spot of this beautiful world. I love Idaho Falls. It is such a good place to live. I like how there are so many nice parks to go walking at. There are always fun events in the community. And plenty of good places to shop. The temple is 3 minutes from my house.
2. My body. I have been amazed with it over the past year. It has grown a child, delivered the child, and now makes food to feed the child. Amazing. I'm grateful my body is healthy too.
3. Marriage-what a blessing. I'm so glad I have someone to share this life with, to work towards worthwhile goals with, to laugh with, to struggle through trials together with, to take care of and to have take care of me.
4. I have a husband who cleans! I do not know anyone else who can say this. All my friends complain about their messy husbands. Not me. Just last week, Seth got down all my decorative plates and pitchers off the top of our kitchen cabinets and cleaned them. Then he cleaned all the windows in our house. Also, he is a handy man. That is the only kind of husband to have, in my opinion. A neat handyman-I'm so blessed!
5. Children (specifically mine!) Rebecca is the sweetest little person I have ever known. What an honor to be her mother, to help guide her through this life. I have so much to learn from little children-they are so trusting and innocent and carefree and honest and loving and forgiving. Children just make the world a better place.
6. I am grateful that my little Saturn still runs! Oh, we have had way too many car troubles over the past year. My car has a horrible transmission problem, but it still gets me where I need to go. I'm tempted all the time to curse my car, but I'm trying to remind myself lately that I'm glad I have it. Without it I'd be walking!!
7. I am grateful for commandments. I'm so glad our Heavenly Father didn't send us to this Earth and then leave us alone wondering what we're supposed to do. Commandments keep me safe and happy and I am glad to follow them, because of all the blessings I've received. I know God keeps his promises. Over the last few months, I've gained a stronger testimony of tithing. The windows of heaven have truly been opened and we are ok!! I know we always will be because God will take care of us if we do our part.
8. I'm grateful I was born in America. How awesome is that? I could have been born in Afghanistan and be in the middle of poverty, disease and war. I love my free country and I'm so grateful for those who put their lives on the line to keep it that way.
9. I'm grateful we were able to insulate our house a few months ago and so now I won't freeze this winter.
10. I'm grateful I'm not pregnant, because last year on Thanksgiving, I was barely pregnant and I think I ate a roll and a few bites of potatoes. I'm going to pig out this year!!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!! BE THANKFUL FOR ALL YOU HAVE!!!

No comments: