Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Fabulous Fall!

I love the fall. September, October, and November are some beautiful months! I love the leaves and the way the air smells. I loved the beginning of the school year all the time I was in school, wearing new clothes as a child and using my new school supplies, learning new things. I love jacket weather, coats are too big. I love it when your hands and cheeks are cold and you come inside and it's so warm. I love the holidays-Halloween, so spooky, tricky, goulish and fun. Thanksgiving, so warm and cozy with good food and the people you love. I love getting out the recipes I only make at this time of the year (they usually include pumpkin).
Anyway, this fall has been beautiful. It hasn't been really cold most days. I've taken the baby walking every day, and it is so good to be outside in the fresh air with the beautiful fall colors to look at. What a good life I have. Here are some of my favorite pictures from this fall. Fall is almost over (sniff) and then...winter. I can't say I like winter. I hate to be cold. Thank goodness for Christmas to brighten things up for a while. I think January and February are so dreary though. Oh well, what can you do? They're coming anyway.




Here she is, 4 months old in this picture!! She was having fun shaking these fake leaves.


We planted a garden for the first time this year. What a mess. We planted so much stuff and nothing grew but these pumpkins! We got 10 pumpkins, most of them are still green. This is our biggest one. We're pretty proud of it.



I went to visit my parents in Utah and was there on Halloween day. We watched the kids' Halloween parade at the school where my mom works. There were some great costumes! That brought back fun memories of Halloween when I was little. My mom LOVES Halloween, I think she has more Halloween decorations than Christmas. She always made me the best costumes. Some of my favorites are the tooth fairy and a unicorn. Thanks mom, for letting me be whatever I wanted! I think if my kids are that creative, I'll say..."how about being a witch? Or a ghost? or dracula?" Something I can do! My mom is great though, I always knew she could make any costume I wanted.
Do you like the arrow going through mom's head? Very nice. And all she had was a headache from it.



This is Rebecca and Samuel. We go walking with Samuel and his mom Pam every day.





I had fun making this headband for Rebecca. There is a spider on top, I love it!





















1 comment:

TRHEINZ said...

Kristy, I love the picture of you and Baby Rebecca on the sloping hillside with the leaves. After all this time, you are cuter than ever. Please give your Mom and Dad a hug for me next time you see them. All of you have a special place in my heart and always will. I will never forget you and your mission days here.
Love you, T.