Saturday, November 17, 2007

Daddy's little girl

A year ago, when we found out we were going to be parents, I asked Seth if he wanted a boy or a girl. And of course, he wanted a boy. We had the ultrasound done in March, and it was so amazing to see our little child. We were told it was a girl, and we were so happy. I think Seth had to mourn the loss of his boy, but only for a minute. He has loved her since the moment he saw her, as you can see here:

And Rebecca loves her Daddy, too. She gets so happy lately when he is around. After being in Utah for a week and not seeing him, she just stared and stared at him the night we came home. I love watching the two of them together. Dads add so much fun to life. He is a lot rougher with her than I am, but she loves it.

It's neat to see Seth being a dad. I always knew he'd be a good father, because he is so cute with all our nieces and nephews-they all adore him. He takes such good care of Rebecca, like in this picture. He got her ready for the day, all decked out in her John Deere socks. And I don't know where he found the green socks for her hands, but here they are!


And here is one from this week. Rebecca could hear her Daddy talking, but couldn't see him, so what did she do? She found a way to look at him. She keeps us entertained!



At this Thanksgiving time, I am so grateful for a good man who is our little girl's Daddy. What a sweet little family I have.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work.