Friday, February 27, 2009

Spoiled baby!

Well, February is finally OVER!! I'm so glad. February really drags on for me every year. We've kept busy though, and had some fun visits from Rebecca's aunts. My sister Heidi came up on Valentine's day and stayed with Rebecca while we went out to dinner, which was so nice! I loved not feeling rushed and only having to feed myself and not cleaning up a mess afterwards. Thanks Heidi! I gave Rebecca these sunglasses for Valentines day and she loves to wear them. Here is the rabbit Heidi brought Rebecca for V. day. She carries it all over the house saying, "hop, hop!"
Then last weekend, Seth's sister Kerstin came up and she bought Rebecca her first pets...five goldfish! Rebecca was sooooo excited, and even still she asks to see them all day and constantly reminds me to feed them. Maybe we fed them too much because now, a week later, we are down to only one fish. So sad.



Every night before going to sleep, she has to kiss her fish goodnight. It's a new stalling technique she has come up with lately. She always asks for a book, a song, a kiss, a drink, some chapstick, and now to kiss the fish.

We went to a fun Valentine's party at the church. Here is Rebecca and all her loot! I loved filling out the Valentines! It made me feel like a little kid again. Holidays are so much better with kids around. It really is a second childhood for me, having Rebecca, and experiencing all these fun things again, and I love it!

Here's my little Valentine decorating cookies and Valentine bags. I love you, Rebecca!









3 comments:

Roxanne said...

oooh- how absolutely adorable! I just love reding your blog- I've been reading back entries and catching up with your life-you doll! I love the pics- it's been especially fun to see pics of your mom and dad- I miss your mom all the time!!!! She has always been such a friend and such a wonderful sister (in-law)- my, how the two of us could talk and laugh for hours at a time! Give her my love-k?

Sarah Coyne said...

We love Valentine's Day too!
ANd I know what you mean about the goldfish. We got some fish when Nathan was born and the just kept dying. Eventually we sold that tank as we couldn't keep a fish alive for more than 2 weeks! So sad.

And by the way, I've told you a million times, but you are genius with Rebecca's hair! You need to give me some tips on what to do!! SO CUTE!

jenhatch said...

kissing the goldfish each night before bed? what a cutie! And I agree with Sarah... her hair is DANG cute! I have no creativity when it comes to my girl's hair!!