Friday, January 2, 2009

Our Christmas Miracle

SHE WALKS!!!!!!!!!! Many of you know, we have been waiting for this day for soooooo long!! Ever since September when she started standing up all by herself, we thought, "any day now she'll be walking." BUT NO!! She would stand, but she would NOT walk. I guess she was just mastering balance before she decided to take off. Anyway, it all happened on Christmas Eve. She waited for her Daddy to get home from work so he could see her first steps too. She walked from one side of our living room to the other, right into my arms. About 12 feet and she never fell. We are two proud parents!! She is 17 1/2 months old. What a great Christmas present she gave us. The look on her face was priceless. We could tell she knew she was doing something great. And now it's been a week, and she NEVER falls. She is such a good little walker. And in other Rebecca news....I am a big fan of this website, starfall.com Anyone with little kids should know about it. It goes through the alphabet and teaches kids the sounds each letter makes, sings songs, etc. Really cute. I've been doing it with Rebecca for months, every day. She could look at this website all day. I can't believe how still and attentive she is. And she throws a fit when I say it's time to be done and do something else. She repeats the sounds the letters make and has many things memorized like what picture comes next. We are constantly amazed at how much she knows and remembers. Today she pointed to the letter B and said "B." Then again at the letter R, and O and X. It's so fun to watch my baby learn things, she is SO SMART!!
Today while I was making lunch, Rebecca unloaded all her diaper wipes one by one and put them on my rocking chair. Oh boy. So when I found that little mess, I picked her up, set her on my lap, and said, "Rebecca, what is this mess?" She looked at me so solemn and said, "wipes." I just had to hug her and laugh. I didn't expect her to answer me...I didn't know she knew that word!


3 comments:

Darla and Kirk Nuttall said...

Thank you soooooo much for watching Calista for me the day after Christmas. I'm sorry we left in such a hurry. I felt bad. She had so much fun playing with Rebecca.
I love all the pictures. Rebecca is going to be a big girl soon and not a baby anymore, how scary. She was so funny when we left the other day. She was sympothy crying with Calista. Calista crashed when we got home and she calmed down in the car a few houses down after we left, so I hope you didn't feel bad. I knew that she would be cranky, cause that is what she does when she is really tired and when I am around. I think it is the mom syndrome. ;-) See you!! Thanks again.
Oh I am going to put a little bit of money in your account on Monday for babysitting, sorry I kept forgetting to get it to you.

Sarah Coyne said...

Yay to Rebecca!!! So brilliant that she is walking now. Now the "fun" begins!!!
Also, Rebecca is SO smart (she must take after her mom)!! I can't believe that she is recognizing letters already! What a cutie!

Lindy said...

what a cute little girl!!! Almost the same as Maxwell as far as the walking goes. Don't regret it because when your next one walks at 9 months, you'll be running after him in a frenzy. Count your blessings and don't forget that I am partly responsible for how smart your girl is because of starfall.